Investing in West Virginia
The Nophin team crunched the numbers and found the five great places to invest in the Mountain State. One big benefit is that West Virginian real estate has the lowest median home price, according to Zillow. This means it could be a good first state to begin investing in.
Statewide vacancy rates
Charleston is the capital of West Virginia. It's the largest city in the state.
- Population: 48,864
- Median household income: $49,769
- Median 1-bedroom monthly rent: $950
- Median listing home price: $175,000
Huntington is home to numerous parks and rivers and sits in between the intersection of three states -- West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky.
- Population: 46,842
- Median household income: $33,012
- Median 1-bedroom monthly rent: $695
- Median listing home price: $149,900
Morgantown is best known for being the home to West Virginia University.
- Population: 30,347
- Median household income: $42,474
- Median 1-bedroom monthly rent: $700
- Median listing home price: $289,000
Wheeling is known as the "Nail Capital of the World" given its dominance in manufacturing iron nails.
- Population: 27,052
- Median household income: $41,911
- Median 1-bedroom monthly rent: $650
- Median listing home price: $154,000
Parkersburg is an important city for oil and gas and considered one of the best places to retire in West Virginia.
- Population: 29,738
- Median household income: $37,933
- Median 1-bedroom monthly rent: $638
- Median listing home price: $145,000
Nophin is landlord banking and software for rental properties
With FDIC-insured bank accounts and cards that seamlessly integrate with easy-to-use software, Nophin helps landlords increase returns and automate rental property finances. Check out what we offer on the Nophin homepage!
To help us determine the five best cities in all states, the Nophin team used data from several sources including the 2020 United States Census, the Department of Housing & Urban Development, Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED), the National Association of REALTORS®, Zumper, internal data, and other reputable sources.